Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 15, 2010

reflection week 14




This is the most important, exclusive blog- as this blog will “reveal” some hidden treasures, which are safely kept within me. 14 weeks of learning….sure there are many unforgettable, precious moments. Therefore, here, I would like to share, some of my personal reaction towards this particular subject (PBEY3102).

Personally, I love the course so much, as it allows us to acquire new knowledge; in preparing teaching materials. Besides, it provides opportunities for us; to test the teaching materials created (whether it is truly, suitable to be implemented in the ESL classroom). Here, I have learnt a lot of things (which at the first moment I feel like it was actually the impossible things for me to acquired, as I’m not very good in this computer’s thingy….) But miraculously, my love for this course grew tender, each time I attended the class. Now, I know how to create and publish my own online newspaper, my own magazines using ‘Publisher’ software, a movie using ‘Microsoft Movie Maker’, and some non-technology materials such as flannel board, white board, etc (to name a few…).

Before entering the class, (guided by performa’s indications) I think that this course will be the hardest course for me (as I’m not very “into” to the virtual, IT world). Therefore, with some negatives mind set (my bad….!) I could not see the relevance of this particular course. Surely, this course will serve many “worth to make my head goes spinning” things…

But, after completing the course, I (proudly to say that) had a crush with it. True, there are some difficulties occurred throughout the course (e.g. I now realize that it is not that easy for us to create a movie, using the ‘Movie Maker’ software as it acquires many ‘detailed’ steps. Besides, now I know how hard it is to publish a magazine….). All of these elements taught me a lot as to appreciate all things, around me.

There is no doubt that I have learnt a lot, about the interactive teaching materials, taught
Pn. Foziah Mahmood. “BLOG” is one of the elements, learnt. With blogging, it allows me to convey my true feeling about certain things and share it with others. Therefore, it practices the ‘gives and takes’ principle, which means that besides sharing my own experiences and feelings with others, I also have been given the opportunity to ‘feel’ the experiences that had been faced by the others.

Through blogging, besides allow us to share the experiences faced, it also taught me a lot in acquiring the language skills. This (is somehow) help me a lot, in mastering the language, so as to make me be a very competent English language user. Blogging is one of the interactive ways, in the teaching and learning process. Therefore, I think that it is actually suitable to be implemented in my future ESL classroom. Besides instilling the interactive, enjoyable, and informative way of learning to the pupils, it also will evoke the pupils’ attention towards the knowledge taught. It allows the pupils to use their creative and critical thinking skills (CCTS) as well as higher order of thinking skills (HOTS), while blogging.

Based on all points given, I personally, strongly stand that this course; PBEY3102: Using and Developing Resources for the ESL Classroom is really will give a great benefit to the future teachers in planning and conducting a meaningful teaching and learning session, in the future. Therefore it will produce a better, knowledgeable future generation, correlates with the country’s policy. THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment